Protect yourself from a negative experience by following these tips
- What is their real reputation?
- Contact their clients directly
- Are they a digital agency or an SEO agency?
- SEO agencies don’t have other services to fall back on, so, if they are successful, it’s a good sign.
- What results have they achieved?
- If an agency is ranked on page one for SEO terms in your city, that is a very good sign.
- What is their quoting process like?
- Speak directly to the person who will be doing the SEO work and that person gives you a quote.
- What KPIs are they selling?
- Make sure that you are not sold on potential conversions from the full search volume of the search terms.
- Are they trying to get control of everything?
- The quick answer is yes, but you can prevent this by maintaining your existing relationships
- Are they transparent?
- There is a lot of contradicting information out there, and a true technical SEO specialist will have a pretty good idea of what’s working currently.
It is important to understand that SEO is a vital function, but hiring the right SEO company can be a challenge. If you are following some of the tips above, the chances are, you will come much closer to getting what you pay for. Go a little deeper to get a more intensive understanding of the tips here.
Stay focused on questions about your SEO business objectives.